Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Church--de Kerk in Leiden

As we have visited the different wards and branches (wijks and afdelings) in the mission, I have found it very interesting the many different buildings that ward meeting houses are found.  So, I want to take a picture of all that we visit. 

I will start with our 'home' ward, if we had such a thing here.  We live in the boundaries of the Leiden Wijk. If you have missionaries serving in Leiden they attend here in either the English speaking or Dutch speaking wards.  We attended the Dutch speaking ward.  Again, I had the opportunity to bear my testimony on Sunday, July 21.  I will just have to become comfortable with the fact that this will happen every Sunday.  There is a wonderful Spirit in this ward--warm and feels like home.

Also, if your missionary is serving in the Den Haag Zone, they meet here for Zone Conferences.  


 The front of the church.  The front door is just left of the brick spire.

 A view from across the street.  
President Robinson waiting in the mission car.


This particular church is a 'free standing' building.  Many are just rooms in larger building.

No comments:

Post a Comment